Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Charter Oak Communities has worked collaboratively with community partners to serve our residents and keep our communities safe. We are aware that many of our residents have been financially impacted by the pandemic. Governor Lamont’s Executive Order 7X in April 2020 mandated that landlords not charge late fees. This order was lifted in July 2021.
Charter Oak Communities implemented several programs to assist our residents during the pandemic, including:
- Charter Oak Communities – Family Centers Rent Relief Program 1.0 & 2.0
- Charter Oak Communities – CHFA Basic Needs Pantry
- Charter Oak Communities – Fairfield County Community Foundation Childcare Stipends Program
- Charter Oak Communities participated in UniteCT and worked to actively enroll residents and support application completion
- Charter Oak Communities worked closely with agencies such as Family Centers and Person-2-Person to provide additional rent relielf
Charter Oak Communities continues to explore resources that may benefit our residents. However, as we prepare to move past the pandemic and return to ‘normal’, we must also resume standard business practices. Therefore, effective April 2022, we will resume charging late fees. As a reminder, your payment is due on the first of every month with a grace period until the 10th. Payments received after the 10th of the month are late and subject to a late fee.
Please be reminded per our notice of February 22, 2022, UniteCT is no longer accepting applications. All pending applications must be complete by March 31, 2022 or they will be rejected.
If you need to discuss your arrears, please contact your property manager. You may also contact your Resident Service Coordinator for additional support or for help completing your UniteCT application.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
Director of Operations