Current Voucher Holders
If you are a participant in the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV) of Charter Oak Communities, the information in this section will provide helpful facts regarding obligations and HUD’s Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) System. This is also your one-stop resource for forms.
HUD regulations for the HCV program permit COC to terminate assistance to participants if any household member or guest does not abide by the following family obligations during assisted tenancy:
- Supply any information that COC determines to be necessary. This includes evidence of citizenship and immigration status, information for use in initial, annual, and interim reexaminations of family composition, income and deductions in accordance with HUD requirements.
- Notify COC of all new household members.
- Disclose and verify social security information and sign and submit consent forms to obtain information.
- Immediately notify COC if any family member no longer resides in the unit.
- Supply any information to COC related to family absence from the unit or information requested by COC to verify that the family is living in the unit.
- Notify COC in writing within 10 days when a family member is absent from the unit for more than 30 consecutive days.
- Supply information that is true and complete.
- Allow COC to conduct Housing Quality Standard (HQS) inspections at reasonable times and after reasonable notice.
- Maintain unit in compliance with Housing Quality Standards (HQS).
- Notify COC and the owner in writing before moving from the unit in accordance with the lease.
- Notify COC and immediately provide a copy of any owner eviction notices.
- The assisted unit must be used as the primary residence by the family.
- The family must not commit repeated lease violations.
- The family must not sublease the unit.
- The family must not assign the lease or transfer the unit.
- The family must not own or have any interest in the unit.
- The members of the family must not commit fraud, bribery or any other corrupt or criminal act in connection with the programs.
- The household members may not engage in drug-related criminal or violent activity.
- Family members must not abuse alcohol in a way that threatens the health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of other residents and persons residing in the immediate vicinity.
- The assisted family or family members must not receive Section 8 subsidy while receiving another housing subsidy, for the same unit or for a different unit, under any duplicative (as determined by HUD or in accordance with HUD requirement) Federal, State or local Housing Assistance Program.
Enterprise Income Verification (EIV)
HUD determines the amount of funding that is available for rental assistance in each community. HUD matches income data you supplied to COC with IRS income data. If the income you reported to COC does not match the income information the IRS has for the same period, HUD will notify you.
You are required to give COC any letter or other notice that you receive from HUD concerning the amount or verification of your family’s income. If you receive a notice or letter from HUD concerning your income, contact COC right away.
It is important to ensure that funds are used to assist only those families who are eligible. The reason COC has waiting lists is that there isn’t enough funding to assist all of the families who apply. Making false statements and providing false information are serious violations of program rules as well as violations of State and Federal criminal laws. Please be aware that if families provide false information or documents:
- They will be subject to denial or termination of assistance.
- They will be required to repay any amounts that were paid by COC.
- If it is determined that these actions are intentional, the family may be subject to criminal penalties under State and Federal Law.
HCV Resident Forms
- Annual Recertification Documents
- Interim Recertification Document
- Resident Recertification Required Documents Listing
- Resident Income Verification
- Resident No Income Affidavit (Head of Household)
- Resident No Income Affidavit (Non-Head Household)
- Resident Child Care Form Private Care (Notarized)
- Resident Child Care Form Licensed Facility (Non-notarized)
- Resident Cash Contributions
- Resident Child Support Contribution