Are you a landlord or property owner in Stamford looking for regular income through the Section 8 program? You’ve come to the right place.
Currently, more than 800 property owners receive Housing Assistance Payments (HAP), which are rental subsidies paid by Charter Oak Communities on behalf of voucher holders. This page contains information on how to become a partnering property owner, listing your rental property online, direct deposit, and the property owner portal.
Becoming a Partnering Property Owner
Property owners interested in partnering with COC’s HCV Program can do so by leasing their unit to a voucher family.
To participate in the HCV Program, follow the steps below:
- Find a voucher holder by listing your unit on www.AffordableHousing.com
- Screen the perspective resident for tenancy suitability. (To be determined by property owner in compliance with The Fair Housing Act.)
- Complete Request for Tenancy Approval form and other HCV required forms, which will be provided by the voucher holder.
- Receive HCV approval. (COC must approve the rent and conduct a passed initial inspection in compliance with Housing Quality Standards)
- Enter into a HAP contract with COC and execute a lease with the voucher holder.
The first HAP payment will be issued within 60 days of HAP contract effective date. Subsequent payments will be issued monthly.
HAPs are paid via a direct deposit directly into a checking or savings account of your choice. This allows property owners to receive HAP funds timelier and eliminates the possibility of lost or stolen checks.
Please click here to access the direct deposit authorization form. The completed form must be accompanied by a voided check that clearly states the following:
- The Bank Name
- The ABA Routing Number
- The Account Number
- The Payee Name (must match landlord name or name on Land Deed)
Property Owner Portal
COC is proud to offer web-based information for our owners. This portal (HMS PAL) provides detailed descriptions of Housing Assistance Payments (HAP).
You will be provided with an 18-month payment history and current year to date totals for your active account(s). To view your payment information, go to www.pal.hmsforweb.com. Instructions are provided on the login page to help you log into the site.